Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Groundhog Day

I wanted to sleep in this morning, but then that's how I feel every morning because well sleep is good for you and the bed is nice and cozy unlike our 1940's something rental house.  James was already up.  He'd probably been up for hours and was being super productive.

Yesterday morning he woke up at 3:30 am and did our taxes, and the morning before that he made an elaborate breakfast for the kids and I.  He started a new job on Monday and until he gets settled in, he doesn't have to be to work until 7:30 am or 8 am and so he has plenty of time to mill around. 

I was worried that he was going to give the kids unrealistic breakfast expectations because a few weeks ago I realized that a whole breakfast including milk, fruit, toast, and whatever main breakfast dish they were serving at school only cost thirty cents...THIRTY cents!  I've been happily slipping the kids a handful of change ever since.  So, I was glad he was too busy to make breakfast this morning except I sort of missed the hashbrowns.

As  I rolled over, I heard a soft sleepy voice say "Happy Groundhog Day, Mommy."  "Is it Groundhog Day?"  I replied as the small lump nestled in closer.  "Yep."  Then my six year old explained all about Groundhog Day while I pulled the covers up higher and got a little more  comfortable.  It would be rude to simply get out of bed when I could snuggle and listen to stories about Punxsutawney Phil.  Who by the way saw his shadow today and predicts 6 more weeks of winter maybe that's why I didn't want to crawl out of bed today because 6 more weeks of winter means 6 more weeks of  a cold, drafty house.

But eventually I did crawl out of bed, although it was more like I fell  off the bed and landed on my butt.  Luckily for me I have cat like reflexes.

No comments:

Post a Comment