Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pioneer Woman - Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers

 photo via



We had these yummy stuffed jalapeno poppers on New Year's Eve at a friend's house.  They were D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!  I had been thinking about making them ever since a friend loaned me her "Pioneer Woman Cooks" cookbook a couple of months ago, but I was too chicken...I thought they would be too hot.  But they're not and I'm so, so happy.  Cardi was hoping they would be a little more spicy  (remind you of anyone else we know?).

I love that the recipe is so simple.  You may want to double the filling depending on the size of the jalapenos you use.  I needed to whip up a second batch of filling to stuff our peppers which wasn't a problem because it's pretty quick and easy.

Ingredients:
18 fresh jalapenos

  • One 8-ounce package cream cheese


  • ½ cup grated cheddar cheese


  • 1 green onion, sliced


  • 18 slices thin bacon, cut into halves


  • Bottled barbecue sauce


  • Toothpicks


  • Rubber gloves (or plastic bags) for working with jalapeños


  • Preheat the oven to 275ºF.

    Cut the  jalapeños in half  (lengthwise).

    With a spoon, scrape out the seeds and light-colored membranes.

    In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and chopped green onion. Mix the ingredients together.

    Next, spoon the cream cheese mixture into each jalapeno half.

    Wrap bacon slices slightly loose around each half, covering as much of the surface as you can.

     Brush the surface of the bacon with your favorite barbecue sauce. 

    Secure the jalapenos with toothpicks and pop them in the oven for 1 hour, or until the bacon is sizzling.

    I like to add a little more of the barbecue sauce  before serving but that's because I really like barbecue sauce and maybe because I'm a little  wierd.

    These can be served hot or at room temperature.  They even taste good cold!

    For a step by step guide and of course mouth watering pictures click here for the recipe. 

    And if your looking for a stuffed sweet mini pepper recipe, you can click here .

    P.S.  If you're still a little wary that these might be too hot, you can substitute the sweet mini peppers in lieu of the jalapenos.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment