Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Guess Who Came to Visit?

So, guess who came to visit us for two weeks?  Clue number one:  They live in Washington state.
Clue Number Two:  They may or may not  go by the name of Grandma and Grandpa! 

Yep!  You guessed it!  It was Grandma and Grandpa!  Wow!  You guys are good!

We had so much fun that I completely forgot I had a blog...Hmmm...Actually, we were busy snapping lots of pictures so I could have something to blog about later.  True story!



See how excited Grandma was to see us?  We were equally as excited!

We walked/biked to the farmer's market the next day.  Love the farmer's market!  It's as close as I got to having a garden this year...but next year...


Later, while everyone else was out and about, Grandma and Cardi practiced a duet for Bella's baptism. 

These two have been very busy and really needed a nap before church.

After church on Pioneer Day, Bella was baptized!

She was really excited that her friends came to support her...

She was especially happy that Grandma and Grandpa were there!

Cardi and Grandma did a great job singing "If the Savior Stood Beside Me."  I LOVE those two!

Of course I really love this girl too!

After the baptism, we went home and had some special family time together.  Grandma and Grandpa talked about the importance of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost.  We each shared our testimony and read the testimonies of family members who couldn't make it to Tennessee. 

We got to open presents from Aunt Marilyn and Aunt Jen!  Super fun! 

Bella got to share her book that she has been working on.

Grandma got to enjoy a day at "The Spa"...

Grandpa spent some time training for his upcoming bike across America tour starting in September!

There was lots of cuddle time!

Of course there was a great airplane flying contest!

We spent time at the park...

Where we had lots of fun!

I had fun at Mutual while Grandma and Grandpa watched the kids!

And my sweet mother in law bought me these beautiful flowers because I LOVE flowers and because she is really, really sweet!

We discovered what happens when you get pepper juice in your eyes.  Not fun!

I got to walk on a regular basis thanks to Grandma and Grandpa!  This is how excited Meredith was to see me when I returned!  Seriously how sweet is she?

I should get out more often!

"Poopman" was born.  "It's a story about a man who poops in the toliet, Mom.  He's a superhero!"  Ah...Poopman!

I discovered that I really should increase my dusting on top of the computer armoire to more than once a year. 

Meredith enjoyed lots of baths!
We went swimming at Clark Park Beach!

John enjoyed LOTS of snuggles!


The kids have been looking forward to "Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension" for over a month which just so happened to fall on Grandma and Grandpa's last night here.

I do so  love "Phineas and Ferb" and if I hadn't of been so sleepy I would have joined them!


Look how big these 2 have grown...

(They used to fit on our laps...We now return to our regularly scheduled post...)

Then we said goodbye...


in our own special way like playing in the mud in the backyard...

or giving hugs

How can you not love people who raised such an awesome husband?

Love the hands raised in the back...she might be trying to avoid getting chocolate brownie batter on Grandma's clothes...

As for me, I took lots of pictures and then I immediately came in and wrote this post.  I'm bummed I didn't get very many pictures of Grandpa with the kids but I am so grateful for such wonderful in laws who just so happen to be the best grandparents ever!

2 comments:

  1. POOPMAN! POOPMAN! Jackson is my hero.

    So somehow we need to come visit and regain the title of coolest aunt and uncle...maybe before Meredith is driving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Poopman was a joint effort by John and Jackson. Hmmm...If you think Poopman is cool than you probably already are the coolest aunt and uncle to those two stinkers! Love you guys! ~ Sharea

    ReplyDelete