Valentine's Day has never really been a huge deal at our house. Sure, we buy flowers and candy (who doesn't like a holiday where you are encouraged to eat chocolate?) and cute little stuffed animals for the kids. But this year, we spent more time focusing on showing our love for each other and less about ... I can't believe I am saying this ... but less about chocolate.
We spent time focusing on showing each other how much we care. We wrote on paper hearts that we posted in the dining room all the things we love as well as the things we love about each other. (I'll admit some of the kids were resistant to writing nice things about their sister but in the end even the stubborn ones managed to find something they loved about their sibling).
We still bought balloons for the kids and candy and of course the traditional stuffed animal that Daddy buys them every Valentine's Day and yes, those are flowers in the center of the table but this Valentine's Day we remembered everyone that we love both far and near (even if we didn't call or send a card). So, Happy Valentine's Day (a little belated) Dear Family and Friends! We love you!
|Can't you just feel the Love?|
I LOVE THIS MAN! The one with the great smile that melts my heart even if I'm mad at him. He is wonderful, kind, and sweet, and oh so handsome! He is the love of my life and my best friend. He makes me laugh and keeps me sane (well, mostly sane).
1. I love that when I climb into bed with cold feet he snuggles up next to me anyway and lets me put my cold feet on him.
2. I love that even when I (or usually the kids) accidently wake him up in the middle of the night and he can't go back to sleep, he is never angry.
3. I love how he interacts with the kids teaching them all sorts of different fun facts from exotic bugs to how things work.
4. I love that he likes sci fi and fantasy movies and books (so that I always have someone to watch them with).
5. I love how he will watch a movie with me even if he doesn't like the movie.
6. I love how he can see the beauty in any place any where.
7. I love that he expresses how much he enjoys watching movies with me even though I talk to the characters in the movie as if they could really hear me and would actually take my advice if they could...a trait unfortunately for him our kids have inherited.
8. I love that he has a strong testimony and when I want to play hooky from church, he doesn't let me get a way with it.
9. I love that he wakes up early with the kids and makes breakfast and lets me sleep in (even if he hasn't gotten a lot of sleep).
10. I love that every Christmas and birthday he makes me a homemade coupon book for free massages, hugs, and kisses, and I usually get at least one free coupon good for anything...now I wish I hadn't spent it on the Chinese food...I sure could use a good camera.
11. I love how even when he has worked all day he will still come home and help with the kids and sometimes cook dinner.
12. I love how he always encourages me.
13. I love how we can laugh together even at the most awkward moments.
14. I love that he is my confidant.
15. I love that because of him, we have 5 beautiful, smart children.
16. I love that he rarely complains.
17. I love how he encourages me to have "me" time...but secretly all I want is time alone with him just talking and laughing.
18. I love that when I am sick just being close to him makes me feel better.
19. I love that he makes me a better person.
20. I love being his ... and I quote his "One True Love."
I also LOVE these 5 little people who make our lives so much better.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, VALENTINES! I LOVE YOU!!!