Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Progress

I've been making some progress on the house lately.  Now, if I could only say the same for my other New Year's resolutions!  By the way, it's not too late to say Happy New Year is it?  It's still January until Friday. ( = 




 
 This is what our kitchen looked like when we bought our home in November. It has SO much potential. The problem with having so much potential is deciding just what to do with it. So, after months of going back and forth about whether to paint or not and if so what color, I took the plunge. I painted the entire kitchen white except the spot above the tall cabinets. It's still tan because I'm too short to reach it and it sort of adds a little character to the kitchen and I never have to explain that I'm in the middle of redoing my kitchen because well...it's sort of obvious I'm not done and I may be just a tad bit over painting right now.



 I took the cabinet doors off the upper cabinets and I love the open shelving. 
 Not too crazy about the light fixtures and the neighbors would probably appreciate it if we would buy some window treatments. 
 Our livingroom is another one of those rooms that has lots of potential.
 I just don't think I was using it well.  I love cream colors and whites with pops of color.  What I don't love is the 1968 curtains that came with the house and  my furniture especially our couch.  But like most of our other furniture, it was free and it's big and comfortable.  So, to create a cozy and comfortable atmosphere, I picked up 2 tan weaved curtain panels from Target to go with some curtains I had in storage from our last house to hang behind the couch, picked up some throw pillows from Ross, painted the coffee table and China hutch a bear rug color and moved the tv downstairs to creat a cozy comfortable atomsphere where I would love to curl up with a good book.    









 This is the kids/guest bathroom.  I sort of miss the 1960's wallpaper. I do not however miss the pinkish/tan tile which I painted over with a white Zinsser primer.  I haven't decided what to do with the bathroom just yet. 
I have also painted the dark paneling in the kids playroom white (which really needs another coat of paint) but have I mentioned I'm just a tad over painting right now? 

6 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!!! I love the open cabinets! It looks like something out of Country Living! You have made such amazing progress! Truly. What a blessing for your family.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...Karianne, you always say kind things to people! Thanks for the suggestions! I may still paint the bottom cabinets but for now I am taking a break! ( =

      Delete
  2. It does have so much potential! I am amazed at that kitchen, if I had painted that I think I would be over painting too:)! I can't wait to see it in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netx week, Bonnie! Just pretend you don't notice that the cabinets need another coat of paint! Missed you guys today! Boo tornadoes!

      Delete
  3. Love it all! It's so great what a little (or a lot) of paint can do. You so desserve a break after all that hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! Paint definitely helps make a room! I hate that once I got the cabinets doors back on, I noticed this morning that I really need at least 1 more coat of paint! Ugh...Want come over and help me paint? Hope all is well!

      Delete