This year I had planned a spectacular Father's Day Tribute complete with homemade gifts from the kids, breakfast in bed, a stress free morning for my sweet husband, a sweet collage of "Dad" moments hanging throughout a CLEAN house, a cute "Dad" stocking filled with lots of goodies, rounded off by a delicious dinner and fabulous dessert.
Here's how it actually played out:
(1) We never quite got around to making those cute homemade gifts between doctors visits, washing the car, library, and playdates. We did however all make it down to the local mattress outlet store to buy a new bed for my poor sweet husband whose back has caused him many a sleepless nights. I should mention here that I had to pry the kids from playing in the mud in the backyard or worse watching netflix. It was quite a feat keeping all those grubby little hands off the clean mattresses.
(2) Breakfast in bed was probably a bad idea to start with since James gets up at the crack of dawn and well...I like to sleep in. I woke up early only to discover that my sweet husband was already up. So, we kind of had breakfast in bed except it wasn't in bed...it was at the diningroom table. But we did have some yummy waffles with icecream after a rousing chorus of a made up "Happy Father's Day" song and a presentation of a coupon from each kid...Cardi's coupon volunteered to "baby sit for 1 week or 2 if everything goes well."
(3) I never quite got around to making the collage but I did find one picture to put on our father's day sign that I did manage to make at least the night before. Only I couldn't find the tape to hang it up until right before breakfast...I have to admit that James is always in charge of sign making at our house...It's sort of a Moberly thing...and he is very good at it. So, he sort of gets jipped (sp) in the sign department.
(4) As for the CLEAN house, well if father's day would have been on Thursday I could check that off the list but as it so happens it was on Sunday (again...) and since I take Saturdays off and also decided I needed to switch all the kids bedrooms around to move our old bed into Cardi's room to make way for our new one well, it's a work in progress...
(5) As for the stocking: I forgot to make a cute "Dad" stocking but I did find a clean plastic sandwich bag in the cabinet to put his favorite candies in.
(6) It's only 3:30 pm here and so we haven't had dinner yet but it is pouring down rain and so those shish-ka-bobs may have to wait. At least, I can still make the walnut chocolate chip cookies.
(7) As for a stress free morning...how boring would that be? But, I did manage to take some pictures of my wonderful husband and his adoring kids. They captured the sweetness of such a tender relationship as well as a glimpse into our kids personalities and relationships.
|This one is my favorite...|
|Looks like number 3 has a secret...wonder what is so funny?|
|I love how about the 5th or 6th picture the kids start to perk up!|