Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Small and Simple Things

I love this park.

It has SO much character.  I loved spending the day with my great friend, Hannah, and her 2 sweet little boys (whom Jackson and John simply adore).  I loved watching the boys traverse this huge wooden wonder, while soaking in the warmth of the sun, occasionally hearing sweet little giggles of delight as they chased each other around.  But the majority of the time, they were content to simply use small sticks to make ripples in the water beneath an old tire swing.  It made me think of my own childhood memories:  picking wild blueberries along the road with my family and eating bologna sandwiches and drinking orange soda at the park.  I was totally content to just watch these amazing little boys play in the water and make memories of their own.  I'm sad they will be tearing this beautiful wooden park down in less than a month and replacing it with a plastic one.  But I am  so grateful for the reminder that it is the small and simple things in life that sometimes bring us the greatest pleasures.

















1 comment:

  1. Man, that's a kind of park that plastic can't replace. I'd form a child protest and chain yourselves to it. SAVE THIS PARK! SAVE THIS PARK!

    ReplyDelete